So, you've finally made your dream business into a reality. The next big step: How to make it grow? For that, you'll need the right people and tools, digital in particular, to kick-off your startup. Here are what experts recommend.
Failing to try maybe one's biggest failure. For without trying, one would never know if he can make it or not. If you fail, there’s always another chance.
As the famous scientist Albert Einstein puts it, "You never fail until you stop trying."
Setting up a startup is a brave act, exudes one's confidence to venture into something, convinced that it has the potential to grow with the right formula and attitude. But it will consume you emotionally and financially if you don't do it right. After all, winning is our ultimate goal.
So how do you kick-off your startup and push it to grow in the digital world? Keywords-think outside the box and innovate.
First, create a business model and a solid business plan that suits today's new normal. This means investing in smart technologies and people who are knowledgeable and flexible enough to handle your operations whether you’re selling products, services or ideas.
Now that you have established your business plan, set your thoughts to your operations. And that includes carefully selecting the digital solutions you will need to create a successful company.
There are a variety of digital solutions available in the market and carefully analysing what you need will save you money, time and resources.
But generally speaking, all startups need a website to establish what it offers, connect with consumers and have a digital footprint.
A robust digital system is also useful, especially if your company deals with large inventory of products and tracking services. Software platforms that manage processes and devices, connect users and companies, as well as develop and run applications, are also suggested depending on the type of business you run.
Digital solutions do away with the cumbersome process, as well as the tedious paperwork that goes with, of setting up and running a business. It opens the door to modernization; systems upgrade and a satisfied customer base. It is so down-to-earth and the closest start-up businesses can get to perfection.
Experts say digitized operation is a "no-fail mission" and thus, requires intrepid management style and relative ease with new technologies to constantly innovate.
Here are very useful digital tools that experts recommend for startups:
- Cloud storage. Much has been said about how vital the cloud is in running a business. Experts say it ushered dramatic changes in data storage and accessibility. There are lots of cloud storage solutions, among them, Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox which are all perfect for employees working from home or in the field because data is only a keyboard away. The magic of the cloud is in the flexibility it allows in building, storing and implementing new applications. It also has infinite data storage capabilities.
- Team collaboration. As working remotely has somewhat become the norm in the new normal, never before have uninterrupted communication channels been so pivotal. Not to fret. Ubiquitous office apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, and Outlook are now looped in on the cloud-based Office 365 and desktop versions. Note as well that Google's G Suite likewise integrates Gmail, Sheets, Docs, and Drive products.
- There is also a widely popular tool called Slack, an app that allows connected team members to stay in sync with the latest documents, discussions and decisions from all co-workers.
- And don't forget Zoom - which has exponentially increased in popularity as it is perfect for anything from regular staff meetings to webinars and conferences.
- Remote project management. This is very essential especially in cases where project managers need to keep in touch and be kept updated on work progress. And so there are programs like Asana, Atlassian, Basecamp, Slack, Jira, Monday, or Trello that provide software assisting managers in delegating tasks as well as in staying up-to-date on progress.
- Cybersecurity solutions. A vital component for all businesses and so we have multi-factor authentication, training on employee awareness, password strength protocols, and encrypted VPNs.'
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM). This is best for those engaged in the food, beverage, services and retail business, At hand are Salesforce, Zoho, Hubspot, and Freshsales, which can assist remote employees in ensuring excellent customer care standards.
Continuous technological advancements have brought us far more exciting times. In the digital context, this means embracing each day for the potential it has to spring forth fresh innovations by way of available tools that make things more efficient and connected.
It unlocks limitless possibilities and gets everyone closer to what was once a thing of imagination.